Family visit, Bodie and the Open Road!
I’m heading out on a ten day motorcycle ride on July 8th to Bodie, California from Portland, Oregon. Along the way I’ll spend some time with my family and later arrive in Bodie.
Bodie is an old mining community that boomed in the late1800’s. Today, it still stands as a ghost town. I have always wanted to travel to this abandoned mining camp since I was 17. My photo teacher at the time, (Mr. Thorner) displayed his pictures of this ghost town throughout the semester and it always interested me. So, what better way to explore Bodie than on the back of my motorcycle.
After my motorcycle ride to Bodie it’s the OPEN ROAD. No reservations, no commitments and just me and the VFR exploring unfamiliar territory. Throughout my motorcycle ride I will be camping along the way and packing food and water.
Choose my Motorcycle Ride???
- Should I ride home through the mountains?
- Maybe I should take the coast/HWY 1 all the way home?
- Or, should I spend some time in Stockton? I hear its lovely this time of year as the gang activity is minimal due to hot weather.
Do you have any route suggestions?
Motorcycle Superstore Contest!
The point of this blog post is I want to hear about your July fourth motorcycle ride or motorcycle adventure in general. I’m offering a
$25 $50 dollar Motorcycle Superstore gift card to anyone with the best article.
- Keep your unique article between 600 to 1200 words.
- Keep paragraphs 4-6 sentences long, short and easy to read for the webernets.
- Must have a picture to submit of the trip, or of you and your motorcycle.
- Once you send in your article, notify me with your motorcycle adventure pic on Facebook.
- Contest deadline is August 4th.
I don’t care what you ride as long as you ride!
Please still submit your articles and I will support you local gear store options.
Thanks and Ride Safe!